Global Public Affairs Manager
A third of all food produced is wasted. Food waste is highly responsible of the global greenhouse emissions and we are on a mission to change that.
Too Good To Go is the global leader in reducing food waste, by making surplus food from cafes, food stores and supermarkets available to the users of our app. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe with over 18 million meals in 12 countries saved to date, and we’re happy to say, more is coming! At the moment we are +340 employees fighting together against food waste.
As part of our global strategy we are instigating a Global Food Waste Movement by working closely with households, businesses, educational institutions and politicians, to increase knowledge, understanding and action against the critical issue of food waste.
That’s why we’re looking for a Global Public Affairs Manager who is burning with passion for our mission and wants to act as a key player in developing our movement in Europe, leading our political strategy for the EU in Brussels.
This role will be integrated in our international movement team. The candidate will report directly to the Movement Director in Copenhagen and will work in close collaboration with our Global Head of Legal Department.
- Influencing and impacting EU level policies through well-coordinated initiatives and campaigns
- Lobbying and represent the interest of Too Good To Go on the different institutions and groups of the EU
- Monitoring and analysing where possible influencing legislative processes and advocating TGTG positions, and actively outreaching to policymakers
- Mapping the EU legal framework and prioritising key issues, keeping track of the most important legislative processes affecting TGTG in a direct or indirect way
- Join relevant events targeted to create and strengthen a network with policymakers and other stakeholders, promote the vision of TGTG in general and possibly convey certain political messages related to ongoing legislative procedures
- Working as a global project manager and taking part in defining the strategy for the movement, defining priorities, roadmap, annual working plans and reporting structure
The candidate of our dreams has:
- 5+ years of experience or involvement within EU politics in Brussels
- Deep knowledge of political procedures, networks for policymakers and regulatory commissions
- Previous experience working on food industry at EU level is a strong plus
- The talent to sit around a table and negotiate with high profile partners, politicians and lobbyist
- A dream of inspiring and empowering others to take action around food waste and you are deeply passionate about sustainability
- The soul of a true team player
- Superb English communication skills. Any other EU language is a plus
- High project management skills and proficiency to work independently
Benefits (if you still need more convincing…):
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to be a pioneer in a fast scaling international company with an environmental and social impact
- The opportunity to be a changemaker on a EU level
- Flexible hours with a lot of freedom to plan your own structure and agenda
- An open company culture where we play as hard as we work, and invest a lot in personal development
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day. Not just words.
How to apply?
Apply with your CV and a motivation letter that tells us why we shouldn't want to live without you for a second longer!
The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are hiring as we speak!