Key Account Manager
London, United Kingdom
Awarded Europe’s Hottest Startup 2019 by The Next Web
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
As the #1 marketplace for fighting food waste, we work with food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 15 million meals saved across 11 countries to date.
We have big, big plans to grow rapidly and build a bigger, stronger team of engaged and talented Waste Warriors. One of our key strategic objectives is to rapidly increase the number of large food retail partners saving meals on Too Good To Go.
This is an adventure: challenging but exciting and extremely rewarding!
Reporting directly to the UK Head of Business Development, you will be pivotal in driving acquisition and development of key partnerships with retailers from supermarkets to high street brands. The Key Account Manager role will include:
- Sole account management for key chains; autonomy in managing your own portfolio of chains and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
- Pitching to new retailers; creating and delivering high quality and professional presentations to potential new customers, and confidently speaking on the business and food waste proposition.
- Winning new businesses; Independently searching for new opportunities to grow our key chains and building rapport with new stakeholders.
- Supporting the roll-outs; planning and scheduling the roll out plans and liaising with the team and retailer on the most efficient methods to do this.
- Onboarding new stores; Setting up profiles for new accounts and activating them on the app.
- Forecasting financial and new customer projections for new chains.
- Inputting into the UK strategy and helping out with international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Key Account Management/Business Development experience - minimum 2 years.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches.
- A passion for the mission and raising awareness of food waste & sustainability.
- You’re a Master Communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to spread your energy like wildfire through a room.
- You have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style.
- You are a fast learner and can quickly be operational in your missions.
- You like to work in a busy environment at high speed.
- You are a fast learner and like to work in a busy environment at high speed.
- You’re independent, highly driven and efficient and you know how to schedule your time to handle several projects at a time.
- You are high-energy, honest, and have a result-oriented working style.
- You are adaptable and have good negotiation skills.
- You understand partner needs and motivations and can tailor your approach with them accordingly.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you understand the urgency of action for the planet
- You’re creative, full of ideas to develop and implement - and quickly!
- You’re resourceful, able to find another way to achieve your objective with maximum impact and find solutions (not problems)
- You’re growth-minded; always wanting to go a step further and do better
What we offer:
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join Europe’s hottest start-up - a fast scaling pan-European business with a very real environmental and social impact
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day
- A unique and challenging place to work, with smart, highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste
- Competitive salary (with opportunity for performance related bonuses)
- Scope for progression within the team
- Great office in Central London
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work!
Are you interested?
Please send your application including CV and cover letter (yes, we do read cover letters) by 19th July 2019.
Read more about our recruitment process: https://toogoodtogo.com/en/careers