Senior accountant / Financial controller
1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. We reduce food waste by making surplus food from any food store available to citizens. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 11 million meals saved in 10 countries to date (and counting!).
We have big plans to grow rapidly and build an always stronger and bigger team of the most engaged and talented Waste Warriors.
We are looking for a competent and structured Accountant to join our tribe of 275 Waste Warriors across Europe. You will be working out of our office in Copenhagen, reporting to our Head of Accounting. You will work closely with your 6 colleagues in Finance, a team that recently won the award as the most resourceful team in Too Good To Go 2019. We are a fast-growing company, so expect your role to evolve as the company grows.
In this role, you’ll have responsibility for:
- Review, bookkeeping and reconciliations related to payroll
- Review and bookkeeping related to our own shop/webshop including inventory
- Review and bookkeeping of employee expenses and credit card payments
- Support invoicing, reconciliation and payments related to shops and restaurants
- Support bookkeeping and payment of Accounts Payable
- Handling of other finance ledgers
- Validation and handling of group transactions
- VAT calculation, reconciliation and reporting
- Month close and reconciliations
- Contact with local accountants/auditors abroad
- Ad-hoc analysis and accounting tasks
The tasks include both Danish entities and abroad, all managed out of Copenhagen.
We’d like you to have the following skills:
- Experienced Excel user
- Well-structured approach to your work
- Working independently and with pride, feeling accountable for your areas of responsibility
- 4-6 years of experience with above tasks
- We do business in many countries, so our group language is English. We expect you to have strong oral and written language skills in English to communicate with our colleagues and customers abroad
How to apply?
Upload your CV and Cover Letter in English. We are hopefully reading the resume of our future colleague, and we want to make sure you're a perfect fit. So make sure you tell us everything you can about yourself.
The deadline is “the sooner the better” - we are screening applications on a rolling basis and will close the position once we found the right person - don’t lose out, apply as soon as possible!