1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. We reduce food waste by making surplus food from any food stores available to citizens. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe.
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer that will play an important role in evolving our websites and related systems and help us to bring our sites to the next level. Our platform is a custom build scalable web application, which currently supports 10 markets efficiently. It uses REST services to interact with our backend system.
On your daily job you will be working closely with our Head of Frontend and our global and local marketing teams. Our team is large, with around 30 people only in marketing, and the expectations for our web platform are as big as our mission.
Your primary tasks will be to further develop our web applications using the latest web technologies. We are moving very fast, which requires state of the art in scalability, caching and overall best practices.
Your key tasks
- Design and execute new web solutions according with the needs market by our company strategy
- Support and insure scalability, stability and performance of web applications
- Coordinating rollouts of new features together with project managers and global/local marketing teams
- Team up with the marketing and sales teams to design and execute
- Experience working with APIs to backend platforms
- Experience with agile development and continuous integration
- Experience with PHP / Laravel framework is a plus
- Experience with NuxtJS is a plus
The ideal candidate
- Top of the class English Speaker – All the communication in the global team will be in English
- Super strong drive. We repeat super strong drive
- Prominent international mindset with strong sense of business scalability
- You come from a similar role and have experience in building and maintaining such a scalable platform
- You are not afraid to take responsibility for your own and your teams work
- You come as a strong team-player
- You take pride in making quality solutions and intuitive user experiences
- Definitely you are not afraid of challenges, and able to work in a dynamic environment
- You can work with UX to translate ideas and vision into reality
- You are hungry to make a difference in the fight against food waste
- Being part of one of the Europe most promising star companies, with HQ in Copenhagen
- A very challenging, dynamic and meaningful company, where the energy is off the charts
- A team of international co-workers, all on a mission to reduce food waste globally
- Opportunity to influence our product, design and ways of working, every day
- Informal atmosphere in a cool office
- Full time position, with compensation based on experience
How to apply?
- Send us your CV in English
- Send also a Cover Letter in English (yes, we read Cover Letters very closely)
- Explain why the job you are applying for suits you
- Keep it to one page – preferably
- Please, get it proofread by someone else
- We love videos, so feel free to add a link if you feel like it
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak
- Notice we only accept candidates coming through our platform