30% of food produced is wasted. We are on a mission to change that.
Too Good To Go is a social impact company that reduces food waste by making surplus food from cafes, restaurants and supermarkets available to users. Our users purchase food through an app, collect locally and enjoy knowing they are saving food, money - and the planet!
We’re growing fast with 13 countries currently active and more coming, and we’ve just been named “Europe’s hottest startup 2019”. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saving one meal per second - currently, that means that more than 24 million meals have been saved from the bin -equalling more than 61 million kgs of CO2 saved!
With our current country manager taking on new responsibilities in the company, we’re now looking for a new ‘Chief Waste Warrior’ to join our tribe and support our local team in Belgium. You will be leading a team of 30+ Waste Warriors and have an established management team around you, leading the Sales, Succes, Marketing, People & Culture and Key Account departments.
Ready to join the movement?
- As Country Manager, you will be leading, supporting and challenging the local management team in scaling Too Good To Go in Belgium
- You will be the face and voice of Too Good To Go
- You will steer the team in the right direction and keep the focus on ambitious growth goals
- You will lead a young, ambitious team from such diverse backgrounds as the food sector, law, design, music industry as well as people development, and help them get to the next level
- Beyond scaling our business, you will be a visionary about our mission. Dreaming of a world with no food waste, you will carry on a strategic positioning to truly influence food waste and the overall ecosystem
- You have a true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste as a must - you are driven by the urgency of change and action for the planet
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English
- You have experience in leading a team. You’re the kind of inspiring leader people want to follow: you help your team reach their full potential and grow beyond
- You’re not just dreaming of a world without food waste, but you know how to get there by relying on data, facts and setting ambitious KPIs
- You have a strong sense of teamwork and like to bring people together to build a strong, healthy and safe community for all
- You have a results-oriented mind. You don’t mind hard work and love it when things move quickly, and you get the chance to do different things every day
- You can prioritise tasks efficiently in order to meet competing deadlines
- You’re not afraid to delegate and give your team additional responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience in a management position, preferably in a high-growth company
- You have a solid sales/business development experience
- Experience acquiring and working with Key Accounts/Corporate partners
- Strong negotiation skills with which you can support your account managers and your Head of Sales
- Leadership experience: you know how to recruit the best people and develop your existing team
- Experience or a network in the food industry is a strong plus
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change
- An international company with 450 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 13 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go
- We want to know how you work - if you have a video introduction or a link to a project you made thrive, then tell us about it!
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging