London, United Kingdom
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 11 million meals saved across 9 countries to date.
We have big, big plans to grow rapidly and are building a strong team of engaged and talented Waste Warriors across the globe (200 and counting!). We are now looking for an exceptional Public Relations Manager to join the superstar marketing team at Too Good To Go in London.
This is an adventure: challenging but exciting and extremely rewarding!
In this role your focus will be to increase awareness and develop a great brand image for Too Good To Go in the UK. You will be leading and executing our PR and comms strategy across earned, owned and paid channels. This position reports directly to the UK Head of Marketing.
The responsibility will also include some global communications projects (roughly 10%) involving English speaking media activities outside of UK. This will involve working directly with the Central Marketing Team, the CMO and the CEO.
Strategy and Planning
- Help and assist the Head of Marketing to develop the marketing and PR plan in order to achieve UK (National and Regional) marketing objectives
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking top tier placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Build PR plan and coordinate all public relations activities across UK consumer, trade and business media
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop UK social media strategy keeping global brand objectives in mind
- Create PR campaigns that will achieve our objectives and engage key media
- Drive coverage from concept through to sell-in and follow-up
- Write stand-out press releases which get top-tier consumer, trade and business coverage
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts
- Build press briefing docs, press packs and other supporting collateral
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Conduct media training and prep key spokespeople
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Build relationships with press contacts to grow brand awareness locally and globally
- Identify suitable Awards and other profile-building opportunities in which to participate
- Support and collaborate with the internal PR teams across Europe
- Maintain a keen understanding of trends affecting consumers and food businesses clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Manage ad-hoc global communications projects involving English speaking media activities outside of UK
What we are we looking for
- A dynamic Food Waste Warrior who wants to work and grow a company that is changing the world, one meal at the time
- Proven PR experience in a fast-growth company or agency environment
- Strong experience in UK media relations possessing key media contacts across print, online and broadcast media outlets. Existing relationships in consumer, technology and food are strongly preferred
- Exceptional team-building and interpersonal skills – including the ability to represent business at the highest levels internally and externally
- Demonstrated results in working with senior management and dealing with corporate-level issues, including ability to counsel executives regarding messaging and delivery
- You should be capable of managing an agency however please be aware that most work will be done in-house
- Crisis management experience
- Ability to manage fast-changing requirements as well as having outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to synthesize data into logical conclusions and recommendations to uncover unique storytelling opportunities for the brand
- Ability to think creatively and adapt quickly
- This would be a great hands-on role for someone with 3-5 years experience, ideally agency-side or food/tech startup
What we offer
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join a fast scaling pan-European startup with a very real environmental and social impact
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day. Every single media you bring on board will help to save meals from going to waste
- Work with and learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste
- Being part of an international team of +25 marketers in 9 countries
- Great office in central London
- Competitive salary according to experience
Are you interested?
Please send your application including CV and cover letter (yes, we do read cover letters) as soon as possible.
Read more about our recruitment process: https://toogoodtogo.com/en/careers