Content and Copywriter
London, United Kingdom
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 11 million meals saved across 10 countries to date.
We have big, big plans to grow and are building a team of engaged and talented Waste Warriors across the globe (250 and counting!). We are now looking for an exceptional Content and Copywriter to join the superstar marketing team at Too Good To Go in London.
This is an adventure: challenging but exciting and extremely rewarding. In this role your focus will be to produce incredible written content across all key marketing channels - on and offline. This position reports directly to the UK Head of Marketing.
Your key missions:
- Be a true wordsmith creating killer ideas and executing sparkling copy for B2B and B2C audiences
- Create relevant and engaging written content across all online marketing channels including newsletters and the website as well as print collateral
- Take the global brand voice and translate to the perfect tone for the UK audience
- Guide and assist the team to produce kick-ass copy across all social media platforms - paid and organic
- Research and produce in-depth white papers and other meaty owned content pieces
- Write “winning” award entries on behalf of Too Good To Go
What we are looking for...
- You love writing and can transform any subject into must-read material at speed
- A grammar pedant and spelling bee you’ll be able to sub your own work with your eyes shut (almost)
- An obsession with perfect prose whether it’s on our app, our website, in our marketing materials (digital and offline advertising) or press releases
- A knack for twisting copy and content in a way that will make it engaging and give it viral potential
- Experience writing optimised copy for Google ads, SEO and other digital channels
- Experience in a fast-growth company, journalistic or agency environment
- The ability to manage rapidly changing requirements and pay close attention to the details under pressure
- The ability to think creatively and adapt quickly
- A strong understanding of the food and drink sector
- This would be a great hands-on role for someone with 1-3 years experience
What we offer:
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join a fast scaling pan-European startup with a very real environmental and social impact
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day. Every single piece of engaging content you create will help drive our mission and save meals from going to waste
- Work with and learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste
- Be part of an international team of +25 marketers in 9 countries
- Great office in central London
- Competitive salary according to experience
Are you interested?
Please send your application including CV plus a cover letter (yes, we do read them) as soon as possible. Please also include an example of your wordsmithery in action - imagine you are writing to someone that doesn't know about TGTG and you have to summarise why the company is great and why they should use the app - max 300 words.
Read more about our recruitment process: https://toogoodtogo.com/en/careers