A third of all food produced is wasted. Food waste is highly responsible of the global greenhouse emissions and we are on a mission to change that.
Too Good To Go is the global leader in reducing food waste, by making surplus food from cafes, food stores and supermarkets available to the users of our app. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe with over 22 million meals in 12 countries saved to date, and we’re happy to say, more is coming! At the moment we are +420 employees fighting together against food waste.
As part of our global strategy we are instigating a Global Food Waste Movement by working closely with households, businesses, educational institutions and politicians, to increase knowledge, understanding and action against the critical issue of food waste.
The Movement Coordinator is responsible for driving the movement agenda in Norway to ensure that Too Good To Go contributes to reaching the Norwegian targets to cut 20 % by 2020 and 50 % by 2030 of all food wasted. You drive the movement agenda in the Norwegian team, manage the relations with Norwegian authorities, politicians and food waste network as well as leverage Too Good To Go’s global network.
You report directly to the Country Manager in Norway
- You will spread the Too Good To Go mission far and wide
- You will be responsible for creating partnerships to further develop our movement agenda in education, politics, households,...
- You will build a strong sustainability network through which Too Good To Go can spread the message
- You will organize and participating in events where we can reach as many people as possible (think keynotes, debates,...)
- You will be thinking of creative and original ways to make a national impact to reduce food waste in Norway
- You will collaborate with and leverage the global movement network
- You will prioritise local activities together with the Country Manager to ensure that they support overall strategic goals as well as engage the local team to contribute
Why you were born to fuel this movement...
- You are fluent in Norwegian and have a strong working knowledge of English
- You have a sharp pen, a quick wit and you can transmit your passionate arguments as well on paper as in person
- You have experience with relating to public affairs in Norway, including politics, other authorities, education and ideally stakeholders in the food industry
- You love to talk to people, are a quick connecter and are ready to build a strong sustainability network
- You like to work autonomous and are challenged by the opportunity to build the foundation for our Movement Team
- You love the idea of a fun and hectic start-up culture where we grow at light speed!
- You have a strong knowledge of food waste, and are super passionate to spread our movement through Norway to obliterate food waste once and for all!
- Bonus points if you have experience from working in an international context
How to apply?
- Send us your CV in English
- Send also a Cover Letter in English (yes, we read Cover Letters very carefully)
- Explain why the job you are applying for suits you
- Mention which values you might share with our company
- Tell us how you would contribute to Too Good To Go
- Share with us your long-term career ambitions
- Keep it to one page – preferably
- Please, get it proofread by someone else
- We love videos, so feel free to add a link if you feel like it
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak
- If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com (in English)
- Notice we only accept candidates coming through our platform