People & Culture Manager
London, United Kingdom
Awarded Europe’s Hottest Startup 2019 by The Next Web
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 20 million meals saved across 13 countries to date.
We have big, big plans to grow rapidly and are building a strong team of engaged and talented Waste Warriors across the globe (400 and counting!). We are now looking for an exceptional People & Culture Manager to join the superstar team at Too Good To Go in London.
This is an adventure: challenging but exciting and extremely rewarding!
We are looking for a People & Culture Manager to help us grow and develop our current team of 40 in our London office. You’ll report directly to the Country Manager and have the back-up of a supportive Global People & Culture Team.
No matter what we do, we are above all a people-driven company. We need someone who can get stuck into the day-to-day operations as well as create and deliver a compelling People & Culture vision and strategy for the longer-term.
This is a great challenge for an innovative People & Culture professional who can take responsibility for ensuring a first-class employee experience and support the management team in a fast-paced, growth environment.
You will lead strategic people projects, establish learning and development plans, and champion social and well-being initiatives. You should have a natural mentoring style and will be comfortable training managers and employees on a range of soft skills.
- You will be responsible for providing leadership on all things people and culture related, developing structures and strategies to support the team as it rapidly grows, including:
- Inspire & Empower: Design and lead engagement initiatives that champion a high-performance culture which supports our mission and business objectives.
- Learning and People Growth: Put in place high-impact (and cost-effective) solutions to develop internal talent.
- Employee Experience: Ensure an optimal experience at every touch point in the life-cycle.
- Talent Acquisition: Working with our global talent specialists and hiring managers to find the right people and give candidates a great experience.
- On-boarding: Devise first-class induction and other processes.
- Leadership Development: Support Country Manager and management team as a sounding-board and adviser.
- A true people person, you’ll be the go-to person for all employees, and work with our Global P&C team to implement initiatives, guidelines and processes.
Your Experience and aptitudes
- You are naturally a people person.
- You have strong experience developing a People function in a scale-up, fast-growth business.
- You have an innovative style and terrific ideas and can demonstrate the ability to develop and execute them.
- You are commercially astute with proven problem solving and influencing skills.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the longer-term business implications and requirements.
- You are highly organised and can bring structure and clarity to anything.
- You can showcase a proven track record and work experience in generalist HR roles including experience with contracts, payroll processing, recruitment and a good working knowledge of UK employment law.
- You thrive in a job that moves quickly and are extremely comfortable with change.
- You’re an amazing juggler and work best with a diverse range of tasks from the creative to strategic to administrative.
- You are a great communicator with gravitas and credibility, who enjoys presenting and can plan and execute training.
- You are a native-level English speaker (C2 level).
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- You’re creative, full of ideas to develop and implement - and quickly!
- You’re resourceful, able to find another way to achieve your objective with maximum impact and find solutions (not problems).
- You’re growth-minded; always wanting to go a step further and do better.
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join Europe’s hottest start-up - a fast scaling pan-European business with a very real environmental and social impact.
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day.
- A unique and challenging place to work, with smart, highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste.
- Competitive salary.
- Great office in Central London.
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work.
Please send your application including CV and cover letter (yes, we do read cover letters). Deadline and start is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak
Read more about our recruitment process: https://toogoodtogo.com/en/careers